Consensus is looking for a rise greater than that in November.
This snapshot from the ForexLive economic data calendar, access it here.
The times in the left-most column are GMT.
The numbers in the right-most column are the ‘prior’ (previous month) result.
The number in the column next to that, where is a number, is what is the consensus median expected.
Goldman Sachs is looking for more than 400K:
- We estimate nonfarm payrolls rose 500k
- We estimate a one-tenth drop in the unemployment rate to 4.1%
Morgan Stanley, on the other hand, have a below consensus call:
- We expect nonfarm payrolls increased by 260k in December with an uptick in participation
- leaving the unemployment rate unchanged at 4.2%
- We expect average hourly earnings rose 0.3%M, lowering the year-over-year rate to 4.1%