When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company’s prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga’s insider transactions platform.
Independence Contract Drilling
- The Trade: Independence Contract Drilling, Inc. (NYSE:ICD) 10% owner William Monroe acquired a total of 50000 shares at an average price of $3.11. To acquire these shares, it cost $155,500.00.
- What’s Happening: In November, the company posted a wider-than-expected quarterly loss.
- What Independence Contract Drilling Does: Independence Contract Drilling Inc is engaged in providing land-based contract drilling services for oil and natural gas producers.
Emmaus Life Sciences
- The Trade: Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc. (OTC:EMMA) Director Alfred Lui acquired a total of 10000 shares at an average price of $1.58. The insider spent $15,800.00 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company’s shares declined less than 1% over the previous month.
- What Emmaus Life Sciences Does: Emmaus Life Sciences Inc is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, and commercialization of new treatments and therapies primarily for rare and orphan diseases.
- The Trade: BioRestorative Therapies, Inc. (NASDAQ:BRTX) President, CEO, COB Lance Alstodt acquired a total of 2000 shares at an average price of $3.85. To acquire these shares, it cost $7,700.00.
- What’s Happening: BioRestorative Therapies was recently awarded $256,000 STTR Phase I grant to ‘explore the therapeutic effects of PEG-peptide hydrogel-encapsulated hypoxic bone marrow stem cells.’
- What BioRestorative Therapies Does: BioRestorative Therapies Inc is a biotechnology company based in the United States. It focuses on the development of regenerative medicine products and therapies using cell and tissue protocols, primarily involving adult (non-embryonic) stem cells.
- The Trade: RocketFuel Blockchain, Inc. (OTC:RKFL) CEO Peter M. Jensen acquired a total of 15959 shares at an average price of $0.22. The insider spent $3,510.98 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company’s stock tumbled more than 78% over the past six months.
- What RocketFuel Blockchain Does: RocketFuel Blockchain Inc is a development-stage company that is in the process of developing check-out systems based upon blockchain technology and designed to increase speed, security, and ease of use.
- The Trade: Creatd, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRTD) Co-CEO Jeremy Frommer acquired a total of 7500 shares shares at an average price of $2.25. The insider spent $16,845.00 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Creatd, last month, announced the release of ‘Pledges’ monetization feature.
- What Creatd Does: Creatd Inc empowers creators, brands, and entrepreneurs through technology and partnership. The company has three platforms, namely Vocal Ventures, Creatd Partners, and Recreatd.